Hospice is not so much a physical space as an approach to the provision of care. The hospice concept is based on comfort, specialized care and dignity for patients with life-limiting illnesses. It adopts a holistic approach that addresses every aspect of terminal or other illnesses. A Salt Lake City hospice incorporates medical, emotional, physical and spiritual care for the patient and the patient’s family. Support is also provided during bereavement and beyond.
Heartwood Home Health & Hospice care in Utah believes that the quality of care that one receives at the end of life is just as important as the quality of care that is given at the beginning of life. Heartwood Home Health & Hospice in Salt Lake City provides the services to achieve that quality!
Ensuring your comfort is our aim. As such, whenever it is at all possible, we encourage patients to stay in their own homes. Based on our experiences, research studies and anecdotal evidence, your home is the ideal setting for your care and comfort, rather than staying in a facility.
– Our dedicated doctors and nurses are specialized in pain management.
– Our doctors and nurses work in consultation with your primary care physician to better understand your medical history and health requirements.
– Our pharmacy delivers medications directly to your home.
– For their own wellbeing, primary caregivers need occasional breaks. We provide care during their breaks.
– Patients who have spiritual needs can receive prayers and engage in religious conversations with our chaplain.
– If you have concerns regarding family members and their future, rest assured! Our medical social worker is highly experienced in working with patients and families to create a plan for their future wellbeing.
– Nursing Visits
– Certified Nursing Assistant Visits
– Homemaking Visits
– Housekeeping Visits
– Physical Therapy
– Speech Therapy
– Occupational Therapy
– Pharmacy Deliveries
– Family Counseling
– Coordination of Financial Assistance
If you feel you would benefit from the comfort and convenience of quality in-home care that provides the following skilled nursing services, then hospice care is the best choice: